One hundred years of history in rapid succession: The buildings were built in 1917 to serve as a locomotive factory; during the 1930s crisis, the bankrupt factory is taken over by the ministry of defence; in WWII it was annexed by the Luftwaffe due to its strategic location; It then serves, among other things, as storage for drop-off tanks of the Lockheed Starfighters;


At the end of 1989, the complex was annexed again, this time by squatters. They became leaseholders from the government after fighting for preservation, for they did not want the land to fall into the hands of pawnbrokers, nor become one themselves. Ultimately they become, organised in an artists’ and crafts cooperation, the keepers and guardians of het Domijn.